Every part of the human body is dependent on water.
The function of our glands and organs will eventually deteriorate if they are not nourished with good and clean water.
Table of the contents-
Nutritional Value Of Water-
Here is the nutritional profile of water (per 100 grams)-
|image from pixabay.|
- Calories – 0
- Total fat – 0 g
- Sodium – 5 mg
- Total carbohydrates – 0 g
- Dietary fiber- 0 g
- Protein – 0 g
- Calcium – 0% , Iron – 0 % , Magnesium – 0%.
The total amount of water in a man of average weight (70 kg) is approx. 40 liters, averaging 57-60% of his total body weight.
Total amount of water in different body parts are:-
- brain – 85%
- blood – 90%
- muscles – 75%
- kidneys – 82% and
- bones -22%.
In a new born infant, total water content in may be as high as 75 percent of the body weight.
It progressively decreases from birth to old age, most of the decrease occurring during the first 10 years of life.
Also obesity decrease the percentage of water in the body, sometimes to as low as 45 percent.
Body water is broken down into the following compartments:-
Water has 2 main functions in the metabolic process.
Body water is regulated by hormones, including anti-diuretic hormone (ADH), aodosterone and atrial natriuretic peptide.
Source of water – water intake is through the food and drink.
The minimum amount of water needed depends on the body weight. A more accurate calculation is to drink an ounce of water (28.35 grams) for the every two pounds (0.91 kilograms) of body weight.
The average adult loses about 2.6 liters of water daily as a result of normal body functions through-
- Perspirationin the form of sweat.
- Breathing through evaporation.
- Eliminationby urination.
If a person does not replace the lost water then dehydration begins to occur.
Symptoms of the body’s dehydration begin to appear when the body loses 5% of its total water volume.
§ Physical activity and dehydration
- Dehydration during physical activity is common because voluntary fluid intake is often less than fluid loss through sweating. Sweating during physical activity can quickly result in dehydration, particularly in profuse sweaters in warm environments. Depending upon the adequacy of fluid intake, dehydration of 1-8% of body mass can occur during physical activity.
- Dehydration during physical activity in the heat provokes greater performance decrements than similar activity in cooler conditions, a difference thought to be due , at least in part , to greater cardiovascular and therm regulatory strain associated with heat exposure.
- Dehydration results in unavoidable, negative effects on physiological function and exercise performance. The magnitude of the effects of dehydration is exacerbated by increases in heat stress, exercise duration and exercise intensity.
- Adequate drinking during exercise helps attenuate the reductions in blood volume, cardiac output, muscle blood flow , the rise in core temperature, and the impairment in exercise performance that accompany dehydration.
Benefits of drinking water on empty stomach in the morning.
Water is essential to maintain the optimum skin moisture and deliver essential nutrients to the skin cells. It replenishes the skin tissue and increase its elasticity. This helps delay the appearance the signs of ageing.
Water keeps your body hydrated which is really important for the proper functioning of internal organs of your body. This keeps your internal system healthy.
Water helps you go to the bathroom so when you drink water you are detoxifying yourself. The more you drink the water the more cleansed your body will be. It also helps reducing bloating.
Drinking plenty of water also promotes healthy and shiny hair. Water makes up to 1/ 4 of the hair and therefore insufficient intake of water can make your hair weak. Regular intake of water improves and enhances the quality of hair.
Water is very important to your overall health and wellness. Water is essential for the fluid balance the in your body. Drinking water on the empty stomach every single day can help support immune system. It makes your immune system is healthy and function properly.
Drinking water on the empty stomach can assist in regulating the digestive tract. When you drink a lot of water, you feel the urge to flush out your bowels. This daily can help in regular bowel movement.
|image from pixabay.|
If you are on diet, drinking more water can help you loss more weight. Water has no calories so you can drink as much it as you want without there being a negative results. Drinking water on empty stomach helps you flush out toxins from body. It also increases your metabolism so you burn calories more rapidly. It is one of the best strategies you can use when you are on a diet and weight loss goal.
Water plays a vital role in keeping your body healthy and fit. It helps us to feel good, look good and helps our body to function properly. Water keeps you healthy and keeps you and keeps you looking young.